Q: What is the Federal Government doing to support those who with mental health issues?
A: The Federal Government has announced that they will be investing $240.5 million to develop, expand, and launch virtual mental health tools and services in order to help ensure that Canadians are able to get the support they need in these troubling times.
Q: What will this investment go towards?
A: This investment will help further the online services and programs available to those who need mental health support.
This program will also:
- Help Canadians safely engage with their regular health providers and specialist health services through telephone, text, or video-conferencing;
- Support access to mental health supports and reliable health information in a safe and secure manner, which will reduce the pressure on our health system;
- Help governments, public health officials, hospitals, and health care facilities make evidence-based decisions; and
- Support federal, provincial, and territorial initiatives in collaboration with innovators, health stakeholders, and organizations like Canada Health Infoway, to expand virtual health services to Canadians.
- Support Wellness Together Canada, an online portal that provides Canadians with free resources, tools, and professional support services to help with wellness and resilience, as well as mental health and substance use.
- Improve the Canada COVID-19 app, which helps people track their symptoms, receive the latest updates, and access trusted resources.